Friday, May 20, 2016

Brother's Grimm

I've been having a bit of fun with this book, but I'm not sure if I'll do too much more in there, because, remember the books I told you have tear away pages and only one side printed, well this one is like that.

I was thinking, maybe this book would be a prime opportunity to try out other forms of products such as water colors, or chalks.  I haven't used them in a coloring book, so that might be fun.  I would just have to get some first.  We have done water color pages when my sister, mom, stepdad and I have our play days with my niece.  I have to say, my sister is A1 with those books.  I'm not sure what she's doing different, but her colors don't seem to run together LOL.  She gets an A++ for her artwork.  I think she'd do awesome with them on coloring books too.  I'm not sure how well I'd do, but anything is worth a try at least once. 

I should sneak some pictures of my mom's books, she does absolutely BEAUTIFUL work on hers.  She did one all in shades of green that was just gorgeous.  She's been using colored pencils, pens or a combination of the two.  Maybe this week when we go over to have her birthday party!!!  Then I can post them with the pictures of her birthday present.

Anyway, I was also thinking, there are some out there that probably haven't tried coloring for various reasons.  Maybe they think they're just too anal to do it, because they'd have to be so obsessive compulsive about it.....well, given my last post, and one of the pictures I'll post today, I doubt if you could be more anal than me about it, and I do just fine!  I hope people don't think they'd feel silly or anything like that, and if you do think so, borrow a niece, nephew, friend's kid or something, and do it as an activity with them to get a hang of it, and maybe overcome that.

I even think if you're terribly frustrated, having a bad day or whatever, scribbling has it's place too.  Remember, art is an outlet, a form of self expression, and beautiful in all it's forms if you're able to appreciate them.  So if you sit down one day and say, you know what, I'm just pissed off at the world and creation and everyone and everything in it and I just feel like screaming....go ahead!  I think scribbling would be an excellent way of screaming without scaring the bejeebers out of all the neighbors.  If you don't feel like scribbling in one of your more expensive adult books, get plain paper, a kid's book or whatever and go to it.  I think that could probably be an excellent and very therapeutic way of releasing extreme levels of anger, stress etc.  It's far more productive than beating up the walls, pets or whatever else you might do if you get to the point where it's just out of control rage.

Anyway, time to share!!! HOORAY FOR SHARING!




So there you have it, a few I've done so far from this book.  I look forward to seeing everyone's creativity!  Oh, and sorry I cut off the writing on the grandmother's house, I was trying to avoid shadows LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment