Friday, May 24, 2013

NO HAWT WATAH!

Normally, I'm a stickler for proper spelling, but I thought it'd be funny..........DON'T JUDGE ME!

Anyway, I spent the last 3 days with no hot water.  I had some valuable lessons during that time......  The hot water heater kept making a loud popping sound when ever the maintenance man reset the breakers.  Of course it never did it while he was in here so he never got to hear it.  It turns out it was the heating elements.  A professional water heater dood was called in to fix it.  He forgot a hose to empty it, tools to work on it etc, but luckily the maintenance man here had everything needed.

Ok now that I've told you about the heater, I'll tell you what I've learned.  Cold baths are horrible on arthritis......  Also, cold water is much worse on hair that tends to tangle than hot water.  But when you're determined to have a bath, you take one, even if it's cold as heck.  And then, you spend about an hour trying to detangle the rat's nest that has become the stuff that USED to be on top of your head.

I'm glad that I now have hot water back, but I think they may have set the temperature a bit too hot, so I might have to ask them to lower it so I don't cook myself in the bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment