Friday, December 16, 2016

Christmas!

All together now, to the tune of Jingle Bells....don't worry if you don't know the words, you'll catch on.........Hohoho hohoho hohohohoho......hohohohohohohohohohohohohoho!

See how easy that was? We could also have done it with Christmas books, Christmas books, Christmas Christmas booooooks.....LOL.  As you have probably figured out, I love Christmas and all things Christmas.  The lights, decorations, (blue lights are my favorite though they're all pretty), I even used to like the crowds and all the shoppers before anxiety kind of kicked me in the butt.  It was fun to watch their faces as they shopped for something for themselves or someone else and the way people lit up when they found just that PERFECT thing for a loved one.  This happens all through the year and is just as fun to see any other time, but it happens most at this time of year.

In the spirit of Christmas, I'll be sharing Christmas books, and I have a few......or so.  Today's is a fun book by Hannah Lynn called A Whimsy Girls Christmas coloring book.  For those of you familiar with Sherri Baldy, and who love the big eyed sweeties in her books, you'll be drawn to these also.  They're big eyed, but there are a lot of differences in her art.  Ms. Lynn includes a lot of room detail, which I don't think I see much of in Ms Baldy's art.  For her, it's all about the cutie pies.  I love that she includes coloring tips, which I've done in my blogs also, but it's so nice to see artists helping people along their way to feeling successful in their coloring attempts too.  Like Ms. Baldy's Besties, there are two copies of each picture in this book which is awesome for trying different mediums, or sharing with friends and loved ones.

I love that Ms. Lynn also includes a preview page with all the girls and the titles to each picture.  I've seen this in a few other artist's coloring books....and I'm as of yet undecided if I'll color them or not.....I might, but as you'll see in my photo here, they are TINY so they'd be super tricky to color, although ....they're colorable, and therefore cry out for color!  These are on a thinner paper, but they are one sided so if you put junk sheets in between them, you should be fine to use even markers, or heck, just tear them out and color too!  Normally, I share the pictures in the order they show up in the book, but this time I'm going to share the big page first, just because ........ CHRISTMAS!!!  I'll try and color the other books as fast as I can so I can share them for you in case you need to beef up your Christmas coloring book collection too!  But for today....enjoy Ms. Lynn's art, it's super cute and I think you'll love it!






Hopefully you enjoy my Christmas pictures for today and be sure to share yours too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment