Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Kaleidoscope

This picture is just so fun, it reminds me of the kaleidoscopes we had when I was little.

It was always fun to turn the view and see all the different shapes that took place inside.  No two were ever the same.  It was a magical world of shapes inside a little colorful cardboard tube.  What in reality was probably just colorful bits of plastic and a mirror to complete a miriad of shapes.  A world full of colorful snowflakes, flowers, or whatever else your imagination saw for you, is mirrored in this next entry from Ms. Marotta.

As always, I at times set my coloring aside to be able to do things that need getting done, but there are sometimes when I cling to my books and pencils because life just feels like a big tiltawhirl and I'm struggling just to keep my brain in tact.  While I was working on this project, I noted that there were days between my last project and this, and also there were days where even my spirit was too sunken to reach for those beloved colors.  The days I depended on my friends and my therapy, I found myself far more relaxed, if not fully happy with the world and all the events within it.

I do find that it's odd to me, to see that there are even days when I can not bring myself to color, as if it's too cheerful an activity for the mood, or as if I feel, perhaps that I don't deserve the relief of coloring.  I'm not sure which it is right now, but as I find this to be the case, I think I will stop, take the time to reflect inwards to try and see if I can pinpoint the where or why I can not bring myself to take part in one of my favorite activities.

Without further ado, I bring you the kaleidoscope.



I'm not sure if that's what she was going for as she created this piece, but it's what I see.......how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment