Friday, July 15, 2016

Big Surprise, and Yin/Yang Flamingos

Today I got a HUGE surprise!

Remember last blog when I said I'd gotten the Artist's Choice 120 pencil set and was let down because the box was at least 2 times too big with no absorption material resulting in the leads breaking?  Well Today I got a new set, there was no email, no heads up, no apology for packaging, and yet....there it was!  I'm still dreading testing the other water color set of 72 that came with it in that package, because I'll just fall over and die of those leads are broken too!  But for now, I have this!  I love the way it's got it's own unique packaging which makes it easy to take with you, and I'm crossing my fingers that this time it's got no broken leads!  It came in a bubble wrap envelope this time so there's a good chance that the post office couldn't toss it around enough to destroy it.  Anyway, here it is so you can see how fun this set is for yourself.


Also, when I discovered the state of the last set I'd been in the process of doing what turned out to be an opposite color palette mirror, that I mentally picture as a Yin/Yang type of feature, to do some flamingos in Ms. Marotta's book.  When I originally looked at the picture, I thought I would color it in very colorful hues, but as I was doing it, I thought I would try to do something on opposite sides of the primary/secondary color charts as an opposite color mirror.  If anyone's done photography, negatives at a certain stage of the development process seem to have the opposite colors than the final stage.  I don't do that, but my sister is an excellent photographer, and if there's a name for this, she would know what I meant and what it is.  I've only seen the effect of it, but I'm not sure at what stage this occurs.

Either way, here is the flamingos I did with the last set, I hope you enjoy seeing it as much as I enjoyed doing it!


No comments:

Post a Comment