Friday, June 10, 2016

Mish Mosh

Well, I meant to blog about my Dr visit from last Friday, but a few things happened.

I was needed to watch my niece which is never a problem since she's a very well behaved 4 yr old and I love having fun with her.  Then there was a personal crisis at home, which took a lot of emotional and mental fortitude.  I was utterly exhausted on Sunday, and passed out for hours and hours and hours until Monday.  I won't go into what happened because while I was an unwilling participant it was not my crisis, I was merely a passenger.

Then the rest of the week took a nice dip for me and a few of my family.  For me it was more expensive car repairs, and the explosion of my laptop, which also accounts for my neglect in blogging, I didn't feel like dealing with the "smart fairies" in my "smart" devices constantly changing my words and driving me buggy.  I'm happy to say, I think everyone's week has taken a turn for the better due to a very understanding family willing to help me in a time of need, and whom I will pay back with all due haste, however I can.

As you can see, I'm blogging so that means I have a brand spanking new laptop, which, I hope, will remain explosion free.  My car is in the shop and I'm hopeful that it will soon be fixed, and hopefully for good this time.  The emotional crisis seems to have slowed to a dull roar, and for my part, I think my frustration and angry outbursts are becoming less....because anger is the appropriate response to everything needing an emotional response.....right?

So back on track, I had my Dr. appointment at the VA on Friday, and I'm happy to say my change of Dr. was an excellent choice thus far.  She is going to increase my metformin to triple my current dose as we discussed that the addition of diabetes in my record without the proper baseline tests was an improper assumption and addition to my record.  My old Dr was treating me for diabetes instead of PCOD.  The standard of care for PCOD is triple the dosage I was taking since it affects my endocrine system adversely.  We will be walking my way up and I'm currently only on double the dose, but I hope this will start having a positive impact on my body and overall health.  We've taken other steps along with this to try and head off other things, so overall I have to say, I LOVELOVELOVE my new Dr.!  She listens, and she has interactions with me to show that she genuinely cares and understands my hurdles and difficulties given my different disease/illnesses.  I only wish I had changed Dr's sooner, but I wanted to give my old one a chance at redemption.  After 3 yrs of banging my head on a wall, I simply couldn't justify seeing her any longer and felt I had no choice but to try a change and see how that worked out.

So, now you're mostly up to date on that front, and it's time for some more fun sharing.  I'd have done different blogs for these were it not for the misfortune of my old laptop........Oh laptop, how I loved ye, you will be sorely missed.  I told you I'd try different methods of using the water color pencils, so I'll include the spray method here today.  I'll put them in order again, from coloring, to spraying to dried.  I will also be including a grey scale entry from a book I thought I'd try, the art work is absolutely stunning, and it's neat to see that I don't have to try and shade, because the shading is done for me, but my first attempt was on a very difficult picture where I had difficulties differentiating one thing from another, and had to guess, is this a flower....is this a leaf, etc.....  Though I had difficulty, I think the finished product will lend it's grace in a way everyone should enjoy, and I may research other greyscale artists to see if I can find art that reveals it's edges and items a little less confusingly.  I don't know, maybe I'm just in need of stronger glasses for doing my coloring, or maybe it really was the art on that picture.  When I look through the book, some of it seems like the edges are more apparent and what the item is also.  Perhaps it was just that first picture who's edges were blurred and perhaps that was part of the overall grace of the picture itself.  Either way, I'll share now, since I'm sure you have had enough of my rambling for one day.





I'm not sure if I did the spray technique right, but I don't really see a big difference like I normally do with the brushes.  If you try the technique and get a better result I'd love to see you share it!  Also, if you've got any tips on greyscale art for those seeking therapy through art, I'd love to hear those as well.  Hopefully you enjoy this excerpt and will try some of these things yourself if you haven't already!

Happy Arting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment