Thursday, June 2, 2016

Water color pencils

My computer was shut down and put aside for the day so I could do my coloring therapy.

I had so much fun trying this out I just had to share.  I didn't plan on doing 2 entries today, but I just had to share, and because of the way the water color pencils changed when you use the paintbrush, I took several photos as I worked so you could see the changes with me.  The set my sister got me has several suggestions you can try.  One is with the paintbrush as you'll see today, another is with damp paper and yet another is to use a spray bottle, I'll likely try all three, but today is just the paintbrush.

I think my sister picked out just the perfect books to try different mediums on.  Sherri Baldy has simple drawings which are quick to color and then using further methods just adds to the fun.  The only issue I had with this so far is the absence of perforated pages because if it's a book to share that would make it easier to remove pages to share with friends or loved ones.  At some point I may have to get chalks to try with this book as well, but that's not something in the works yet.  For now, sharing time!



As you can see, the water color pencils change in intensity, hue and effect as you use them.  I have other brushes, so I may have to play around and see if it all just comes out the same, or if I can get differences with brush style and brush strokes.  Step one is purely the pencil AS a pencil.  The second is illustrating the differences side by side as half was done and the other half was still pencil.  The last of course is the entire piece done with the brush.  Pieces such as this are great to try new mediums on and as you get better, maybe you can add in more complicated pieces.  I think my sister would be awesome with really difficult ones already, but I may have to work my way up to that.

At any rate, have fun testing out your creativity and don't forget to share!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment