Monday, September 23, 2013

Autumn's (Bubbles') Story

I have been contacted by the 4 year owner of Autumn.

Her name was Bubbles, they were in the park playing when I gather that Bubbles suddenly ran off.  I'm not sure what the circumstance was surrounding her just taking off, but suffice it to say, she did so.  Her owner looked for her for several days, and then finally gave up.  She was apparently perusing Craig's list in the community pet section and came across my article and sent a response to it.

Since then, I've learned a few things about Autumn.  She was a puppy who had a problem with her tooshy.  She couldn't go and so needed what I gather was a costly surgery to correct it so that she could go poo.  The original owners either couldn't afford it, or saw this as a potential life long and costly affair.  They were prepared to destroy this 6 week old pup.  The last owner took her on, saw her through her surgery and knows about her dropping little pooplets.  This is apparently a side effect of having to correct her pooper so that the opening was large enough to pass her waste.

Her owner recently lost her job, and in her words, "doesn't deserve her any more".  I disagree with that.  Everyone falls on hard times as I very well know.  She's currently not sure if she can/will find another job and is facing possibly losing her home.  I sent her what I hope was an encouraging email telling her that we don't blame her for lilpup running off, nor do we think she was a bad pet owner just because she lost her job.  That perhaps this was God's way of telling her it's time to slow down and focus on the most important things in life, which are the ones you love and who love you back.  Perhaps she was getting that message already, and didn't listen so God forced the issue.  Who's to say.

Either way, I've told her that if she wants me to keep Autumn aka Bubbles for the time being until she sorts things out, I will.  I also said that it's apparent she loved this little dog.  She's got some great training already, and you don't devote time and money into something you don't love......well, at least you shouldn't.  I told her that when she gets back on her feet, if she's ready for Autumn to come home, then I'm more than happy to bring her to her.

I certainly hope that she finds another position that allows her to focus on the important things, while also being able to keep her home and pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment