Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Lots of pictures

I can't remember what pictures I have saved that I've already posted so I'll just pop them on here since I've been remiss in sharing lately.

I've had tons of sleep issues, but it's ok, the world's been going nuts and I've been just using my relaxation and experimenting with mixed supplies.  I've also got a few pictures to share that I didn't do.  The koi pictures were not mine, but she had a lot of fun using water color pencils with me for the first time.  I think she did a heck of a job on them.

I started a review on a Johanna Basford book, and didn't get far because my bf's niece saw it and asked where I'd found it, she'd just graduated from H.S. so I gifted it to her.  The book is similar in format to Johanna's other books, and the page density etc is very similar, so perhaps I'll review it at a different time, if I replace it.  It was the World of Flowers book.  I know I have shared the benefits of coloring in the past, but I want to again state that the benefits are wide ranging.  They range from creative problem solving to anxiety control etc.  It's also a wonderful time to spend the day with friends or loved ones.

I do think there are a few new books in the pictures I'm sharing, and also examples of what bleed through is for those that don't know what it is, and why you should be careful if using thinner paper, or double sided books etc.  I'm getting better with some of my more troubling types of art mediums, and I'm getting a bit more brave at mixing them for different effects.  One such example, I tried to used one of my pencil sets to have a sort of chalks effect.  I think you'll be able to pick it out.  I don't currently have that medium among my supplies, but I think it turned out as a similar effect.....in fact, I think I'll put that picture on here first.  It's mixed with glitter gel pens, and crayola 120 color set.  The details with the pens took far longer than it took to try for a pastels/chalk sort of effect from the pencils.

I also learned that some mediums don't layer over others as easily, for instance, gel pens can be a bit finicky when you attempt to layer over colored pencils.  At any rate, enjoy!!






































That's it for now, looking forward to seeing everyone else's creativity as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment