Sunday, March 17, 2019

Mindless Moron ? My Views on a Political Pariah

I think it would be incorrect to label her as a mindless moron.

I have a distinct impression of Ocasio-Cortez, which has been building through the media attention she's been collecting along her current path.  Unfortunately, the view is somewhat dim, as I listen to quotes from her regarding this and that.  It seems to me that she was intelligent enough to pick out intelligent conversations during her time as a bar tender, and to hear bits of this and that, however, she never thought to research or learn about what it was she chooses to attempt to quote or speak about.  It's a simple parroting technique to attempt to sound intelligent, but without the full insight to form an actual, or original opinion on any specific subject.  In other words, her intellect is minimal at best.

Being able to pick up or listen to conversations from others that hold a true depth of thought is one thing, but listening to an argument in whole, or finding out for yourself the truth of this or that argument would take it further, and allow you to find out if you truly think that this or that view is worth your time.  In order to completely come to that type of conclusion, it would be infinitely useful to understand and know both sides of any argument or viewpoint, so that you could effectively counter any opposition from the other side of any view.  This is not something she's done.  When confronted with a difference of opinion, she shouts, yells and cries like a petulant child wanting everyone to think she's intelligent or right.

This tendency only marks her ineptitude for the position she's been voted to fill, and marks her as extremely young, and juvenile in both thought and speech.  I recall when I was young and wanted so desperately for others to know and understand who I was, and I recall so many others who have taken the same path.  It's a typical path everyone takes.  We want those around us to know and understand us, but we should still understand our own limits while pursuing such a path.  This is what has eluded her, and many others like her.  I, for one, am extremely happy that she's on the other side of the spectrum of my views and opinions, as her "arguments" of her views only strengthen my views because of her ineptitude for expressing or understanding her own viewpoints.  I feel very sorry for those she represents, as well as those who share her party, as she's effectively destroying any positive feelings for them, as well as her supposed views.

It would behoove her party mates to find a way to silence her, educate her, or get rid of her.  The most I can say about her in a positive light, is that at the very least, her antics, while tiring, and irritating, also give me quite a few chuckles.  Unfortunately, laughing at someones ignorance isn't something I relish.  I can't tolerate stupidity, personally.  I'd much prefer to laugh at an intelligent joke, with depth, than the buffoonery of some poor soul who doesn't even realize what an idiotic mess she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment