Friday, April 13, 2018

ER

The other day I went to the er because I was having some severe abdominal pain.

I know I've had a history of an occasional diverticulitis flair up, with the timing, I thought that this was just my normal flu feeling when I get my lady time, but it just kept getting worse.  Finally, I called the on call nurse at the VA to see what they suggest, if waiting was ok, or if I should go to the ER and ofc they sent me to the er.  My mom and dad took me, for which I'm grateful, as I'm not sure how driving would have gone since I was having some awful pains.  A CT scan was done, and that confirmed that it was diverticulitis flairing up and not my normal, cyst pain or my lady time being poopy with the allergic stuff that happens to me with that.

I had a call from the doctor today, she'd had her staff call yesterday to confirm and set a phone appointment to discuss my results and any future testing that needs done.  She called much earlier than expected, and now I guess I can see why she wanted to get the call done.  I went to the ER for ONE problem, and she added about 5 more things to the list of things wrong with me.  I'm getting pretty sick and tired of my health declining and more problems arising, rather than treatment helping and making me better and removing or decreasing issues.  I mean COME ON!!!  The list is already long enough, did it REALLY need to get longer?

At any rate, this is what she said.  I need more mri's, ct scans, pelvic ultra sound, follow up on other stuff in a year, because......(deep breath)  I have something going on with my fallopian tubes again, a cyst on one ovary 9cm, other 4 cm, which I knew I had PCOD so that wasn't SO shocking.  But there's something in a lung lower lobe, that's the follow up in a yr cause it's apparently NOT a danger zone thing....not sure what that means or why, but ok I can live with that.  My colon is about half way riddled with the diverticulitis, so that's pretty severe but nothing ruptured so that's good.  They see what they think are fibroids in my uterus, which I guess we'll confirm at some point....not sure what that means either.  And MOST disturbing of all, apparently I have some growths on my adrenal glands that they can't determine if they're benign or not at the moment.  I think that's all she said, but I'm not a happy camper at the moment.

I've spent half the day crying or fighting tears, because it's just so damn frustrating to have MORE and MORE things diagnosed with what seems EVERY time something goes wrong with my health.  I never really got sick as a kid, mom used to take me from school sometimes so I would have a break and take me shopping so I wouldn't get too overwhelmed with my class load since I took some pretty tough classes.  I went from a relatively healthy young person with a minor scoliosis curve, to a mass of stupid medical issues that seem to be growing exponentially, and out of control.  The list is just too long now and just seems to not have the greatest prognosis when you think of all the issues......it also seems that if I were just chopped in half I'd be mostly ok, because most of the things seem to be from the waist down.  Well, except for the migraines, schermann's disease, scoliosis, and the endocrine bits.

Either way, figured it was time to let people know how things stand at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment