Monday, April 17, 2017

A Very Special Easter Gift

I hurt my back a few days ago and could barely walk.

I'm not sure if I pulled a tendon, sciatic nerve, or muscle, but I'm relatively sure it wasn't anything to do with bone.  Either way, it's taken several days to really be able to move around much, and even though I'm still very stiff and it's hard to bend, I had the need to run to the store yesterday.  When I got to the parking lot entrance, I stopped.  Fortunately there weren't too many vehicles behind me, and traffic on the other side was slower to react and stop until a lady in a white SUV stopped.

Why? Well, God in his infinite wisdom decided that we needed or deserved a VERY special Easter gift.  I'm not sure how long I was stopped, perhaps 10 minutes or so, but I patiently waited for a momma and a large group of baby ducks to hop off the curb and cross.  The littlest duckling was very slow and unsteady and possible exhausted from the energy to burst out of his/her egg, and kept laying down and then running to catch up and lay down again.

It was instinctual for me to be concerned for the family but as I couldnt move well, I had little I could do to try and help the little family along or check on the littlest one.  After they'd crossed, I continued on to find a parking place, and was happy to see that the lady in the SUV had pulled off and gotten out to see if anything further could be done to help the family to whereever they were going.  Driving to the store was all I could do, so I waited in the car and could only see the SUV where it'd chosen a good place to stop with flashers on on the other side of the road.  I knew that the little duck family was somewhere on the other side of a new building that had gone up, but I couldn't see if they were all ok.  So there I sat waiting.

Once I was able to go again, I saw that the lady in the SUV was following at a little distance from the duck family, I think to ensure if they were to try and cross the larger and busier road, to help with traffic.  I was happy to see that someone cared and was able to intervene on their behalf.  I did, however, get pictures of the lovely little family and I'll share my very special Easter Gift with you all!  Hopefully you enjoy it and had very special Easter gifts of your own.




Feel free to share your special Easter Gifts, I'd love to see them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment